IWIRC is pleased to announce a unique panel event in collaboration with INSOL. The panel was originally scheduled to be hosted as part of the INSOL Cape Town Conference.
Insolvency and restructuring clients are often global organizations with operations throughout the world. In addition, debt restructuring transactions are increasingly globalized and a successful outcome often involves engaging with a multi-jurisdictional mix of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Many market participants therefore believe that in this environment, a restructuring practitioner needs to be sensitive to diversity in many different forms including cultural diversity in order to be effective.
Join us for a unique high-powered panel event which is jointly organised by INSOL and IWIRC where we will explore the following issues:
- What do we mean by cultural considerations?
- Can cultural dynamics influence the success of a restructuring or is its importance overstated?
- At a practical level, how can cultural dynamics influence a successful negotiation?
- How can you equip yourself to be a better communicator in today’s increasingly diverse world?
The panel will be moderated by GLAS Co-Founder and President Mia Drennan, who is based in London and is IWIRC’s Europe Networks Director, and Pooja Sinha, Partner at GLS Law Firm, who is based in Singapore and is IWIRC’s Asia Networks Director.
The panelists are:
- Kathleen Wong, Partner, Allen & Overy, Johannesburg
- Rebecca Hume, Partner, Kobre & Kim, Cayman Islands
- Smitha Menon, Partner, WongPartnership LLP, Singapore
- Sonya Van De Graaf, Partner, Morrison and Foerster (UK) LLP, London
- Yuri Sugano, Partner, Nishimura & Asahi, Tokyo
Date: Thursday, May 21, 2020
Time: 7:00pm – 8:00pm Singapore/Hong Kong
8:00pm – 9:00pm Tokyo
12noon – 1:00pm BST
7:00am – 8:00am US (EST)
For more information or to register, please click here.
For more information on GLAS, please contact: email@example.com.